Wednesday, October 31, 2007

WIP Wednesday

I've decided that it makes sense to give you guys a peek at what people are knitting around here once a week or so. On any given day, at least a couple of us knit at lunch time and it's always fun to see how things unfold.

Here is one of the socks that Stefanie is currently working on. It's a Wild Horse Farm design called Penllyn.


In case you haven't noticed, Stefanie is a sock knitter to the core. I think I've seen her with something else on the needles twice in the year and a half I've known her. I guess you can call that focus. Not only does she work from published patterns, but she does quite a bit of design work on her own. And reverse engineers vintage socks she finds at flea markets. Very cool.

This morning I cast on for a children's sweater that will be used as part of our disply at TNNA in Long Beach in January. I only had time to knit a couple of rows while I was drinking my coffee. It's going to be a fun project, the stitch patterns are interesting but not so complicated that I can't memorize them after a repeat or two.



Texture knitting has always been my favorite. Fairisle ranks pretty high on my hit parade too. I don't have the patience for a big ol' charted intarsia pattern where you have to keep track of each stitch and the whole lace thing frankly just scares my pants off.

I've tried them all and made the decision a long time ago that I knit for enjoyment and relaxation. If a project causes stress or doesn't make me happy, I'm just not going to do it. After all, knitting isn't a competition. It's about bringing something into your life that makes it better than it was before.

Last thing. We walked by Radio City while we were in NYC. This isn't the greatest photo, but where else are you going to find Rockettes dressed in Santa attire holding onto sheep, camels, and goats. In the middle of October! You gotta love it!

No comments: