Monday, February 25, 2008

Thick and Thin

Where have I been, you ask? I wish I could tell you that I just got back from a fabulous trip to Bora Bora. Or that the fittings for my Oscar gown took hours each day and by the time I sat down to the computer I was utterly exhausted and couldn't write a word.

But no, life just got in the way. Nothing earth shattering, but the daily grind ate up time. Ordering yarn, dyeing yarn, going to the post office, grabbing a cuppa.

Today's FO is Emily's. It's a wonderful sweater from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits. Beautiful, don't you think? It's knit from our Revelation in one of our new colorways, Edgewater.

We seem to be selling more Revelation these days. That always makes me wonder if there's a trend on the way. It's also quite possible that a few shops have just decided to start carrying it. As a small company, it's amazing how small things can really skew data.

I'd like it to be a trend. I've always been a sucker for thick 'n thins. I like the way the different weights play on another from stitch to stitch and row to row. I guess it's similar to the way the different colors in multi colored yarn work with one another as you knit. All fun stuff.

3 comments:

Virtuous said...

I just love Emily! She did a wonderful job on the cardi sweater with the beautiful LL yarn! :o)

Vera Nadine said...

Can you tell me what the name of this pattern is. I couldn't find it in my friend's copy of the book.

Thanks! Such gorgeous yarns...I just ordered this colorway in Shepard Sock and also some of that great Franklin Habit colorway....love that one!!!

Lorna's Laces said...

Hi Vera,

It's the Thick and Think Cardigan Coat on page 110.

Gorgeous, isn't it?

Beth