Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Franklin's Panopticon

Awhile back I told you we were thinking about expanding on the concept of the Grumperina colorway with a series of colors in conjuntion with celebrity bloggers. Well, we're not thinking about it anymore, we're doing it! We're calling the series Color Commentary.

First up is Franklin's Panopticon. Along with a very popular blog, Franklin has a book coming out in October with Interweave Press.

He came by the studio a few weeks back to play with me in the dyepots. He had a William Morris wallpaper in mind when he arrived. After a bit of fun we came up with this:




Isn't it pretty?









So, today we spent the day doing this:





Bunches of pretty!









I had originally planned to ship so it would be available in shops on July 15th. Then I starting to wonder whether I should go ahead and send it out right away. Or would you rather wait? I didn't think so. We'll get cracking.

Look for a new color every other month. We have Annie Modesitt, Amy Singer, Clara Parkes and CookieA lined up with a few more in the works. This is going to be so much fun!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm so glad to see the idea become a reality!

Anonymous said...

I covet the Panopticon.... when oh when is it being sent out?

Anonymous said...

We're shipping it right away. Depending on shipping time, it will be in shops next week!

Ina said...

Love the concept!