Monday, August 3, 2009

FO: Ishbel

It's finished! My Ishbel is signed sealed, and delivered blocked.














I am inordinately proud. You'd think I'd negotiated peace in the Middle East or something. This is the first lace I've done in a long, long time. Sure there's been a sock here or there with a YO and even a sweater with bit of edging, but this is the biggest piece that I've persevered through in years. (Yes, I recognize that this is no Princess Shawl. Baby steps.)

Normally, I'm a product knitter. I'm all about the moment when you get to put on whatever it is you've been working on. Or get to see the look on the face of the person you're giving it to.















But, there was something about this project that really got my juices flowing. I was getting up a little early to give myself a few minutes to work on it before heading out to the studio for the day. I stayed up past my bedtime to do one more row. I got all wrapped up in counting stitches and figuring out how to read the fabric to see if I on track. I found it curiously compelling.

Then, to top things off, we decided to do a Milkweed KAL here at Lorna's Lace. So, two pieces of lace for me in a row. I'm beginning to worry that this might be the beginning of a new obsession. I even caught myself eyeing the Helen's Lace a little while ago.....

6 comments:

Allyson said...

I love projects like this! That you just can't wait to knit. When I find one I carry it with me everywhere and love love love it. It's one of the best parts about being a knitter.

Aidan said...

I am still mired at the first row of the last chart. I put it down for a while.

I set the alarm for 5:30 a.m. so that I can knit from 5:45 to 6:30. Thank Dog we have a coffeemaker that can be programmed to start the coffee at 5:20!

Susie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The colors look gorgeous especially the lace edge.

Andrea said...

I have a friend who knit Ishbel, and it resides in my yarn shop and is the most asked about sample. Yours is equally lovely, so now I'm off to buy the doggone pattern, despite the fact that I'm still working on Anne Hansen/Knitspot's "Elm Row".

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

The color you used is gorgeous! Guess I should put Ishbel on my wish list. I've been seeing it all over the place. Your's has become my favorite tho.

CriminalMint said...

OMG!! This was for me!! It's around my shoulders as I type! Thank you SO MUCH. It is just beautiful and I can't wait to wear it out on a fancy dinner date (or while I'm folding laundry)!