Friday, December 17, 2010

Now We're Talking Socks!

Vogue Knitting's Winter issue will hit the news stands on January 4th. They sent over a couple pictures of a pair of socks using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock that will be featured in it.
























Lisa Whiting designed them, they take one skein of 36ns Chocolate and 2 skeins of 16ns Charcoal plus random bits to do the embroidery. Or maybe you'd want to use embroidery floss. I'm not sure what would work best.
























Wow. Just. Wow.

4 comments:

Olivia Thomas said...

I said 'Wow!' before I even read your comment under the photos. Must.Get.That.Edition.

Melissa said...

Those socks are fabulous! I think I need to make a pair. They remind me of a crewel work piece that my grandmother did for me when I was young.

purplekatkin said...

Those socks are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I have no idea when will get around to having the time or the skill to make these, but I must buy this magazine so that I can make them...someday.