I posted the original 100 Things About Me list just a little more than three year ago. I decided to revisit it and see what had changed and what hadn't. Here's a revised and annotated version.
1) I am 6'0".
2) I have three brothers and two sisters. They are all much older than I.
3) I don't have children.
4) My made up name is Cynthia Dawson.
5) I'm a vegetarian
6) I've been married since 1996.
7) I was born a brunette, but have been a redhead and blond too. Right now I'm blonde.
8) I used to be a sales rep for Prentice Hall.
9) I tended bar when I was in college.
10) My father died of cancer when I was 25.
11) I learned to knit when I was 28.
12) I've broken the 5th metatarsal in my right foot twice.
13) I hold grudges.
14) I keep my fingernails short and buffed.
15) I wear a size 11 shoe.
16) My favorite color of yarn is Vera. That could change at any minute. And it has. Now, I'm all about Daley today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
17) I make a mean red sauce.
18) I've run two marathons.
19) I use reading glasses. I've moved on to progressives. I should wear them all the time, but don't.
20) I share my life with a Great Dane named Pearl. Pearl is gone. Now I have a boxer mix named Sam.
21) I prefer baths to showers.
22) I read every night before I go to sleep. And in the bathtub.
23) I have never flown first class. We got upgraded to first class on our trip to Turkey last winter. It was dreamy.
24) I don't like to ski.
25) I like red wine.
26) Left to my own devices, I'd eat popcorn for dinner too often.
27) I sleep with lots of (7) pillows.
28) If I find a piece of clothing I like and fits well, I'll buy more than one.
29) I perpetually wish I was ten pounds lighter. Sadly, still true.
30) I walk to work most days.
31) The homepage on my computer is The New York Times.
32) I go to theatre at least once a month.
33) I need a vacation. Perpetually.
34) I have a red couch. With cowboys on it. It desperately needs to be recovered but I can't find fabric I love.
35) I like stained glass.
36) I don't like summer.
37) I am learning not to be jealous. Without much luck.
38) I can't keep peanut butter in the house.
39) I drive a Honda Element.
40) I belong to a book club.
41) My mom has dementia.
42) I am afraid I will go blind.
43) I am even more afraid of burning.
44) I love to go to tea at the Drake.
45) I hope I never want to have plastic surgery.
46) Too many of my clothes are from the Gap. Still are.
47) I listen to podcasts, not music, on my ipod.
48) I wish I could draw.
49) I have 10 nieces and nephews. The oldest is 44, the youngest is 8 months. They are older now.
50) I almost always have dye stains on my arms.
51) I wore a uniform in grade school. I kind of still do. See #46.
55) I was an all-state basketball player.
56) I prefer the caramel dessert, not the chocolate one.
57) I am afraid of failing.
58) I don't think I'll ever have another puppy. Puppies are hard work. Messed that up. Sam was 5 months old when we brought him home. See #20
60) My spelling skills have deteriorated because of spellcheck. Getting worser every day.
61) I have a bachelor's degree in Business Administration.
62) I hate interviewing people.
63) I started smoking cigarettes in junior high. Quit about 10 years ago. More than that now. Yay!
64) I studied bread baking at the French Culinary Institute.
65) I'd like to go to Egypt.
66) I don't have any allergies.
67) I'd rather have art than jewelry.
68) On weekends, I schedule a 3 o'clock nap.
69) My husband is bald.
70) I like to knit simple things. I've knit some killer lace in the past couple of years.
71) I never wore braces.
72) I have a dinner party at least once a month.
73) I overthink things.
74) I'd like to live in Europe at some point.
75) I'm not a big fan of perfume.
76) My mom was a nurse.
77) My dad was and engineer. And a lawyer. I could never get anything past him.
78) I wish I had more time.
79) I try not to have regrets.
80) My dream house has a turret and a wrap around porch.
81) I love fountain pens.
82) I am impatient.
83) I will walk out of movie if don't like it. A play too.
84) You couldn't pay me enough to to revisit my teen years. That means I am not going to the high school reunion. Really. Quit calling.
85) My handwriting is awful.
86) I grew up in St. Louis
87) I listen to NPR more than any other radio station.
88) I love to wear a hat when I get dressed up.
89) I'd rather read than watch TV.
90) I hate taking a cab.
91) I spend too much time at the computer.
92) I require fresh flowers.
93) My favorite color is orange.
94) I wear my grandmother's wedding band.
95) My right foot is bigger than my left foot.
96) I drink decaf coffee.
97) I like cardigans better than pullovers.
98) I have 6 pairs of Chuck Taylor's. At least.
99) I have been knitting more small projects lately. This is changing. I just finished a sweater over the weekend. It was the first one in a long time and I think I'm on a roll.
100) My mac and cheese recipe is the best. Ask anybody.