Thursday, December 10, 2015

Ripplerock

This is Ripplerock, Allison LoCicero's design in the latest Twist Collective. Right now, Ravelry tells me it's the second most popular design from this issue. Not too bad if I do say so myself.


I have the privilege of seeing a lot of designs. I mean tons. Every day several come across my desk. And every so often, one makes me stop and take a closer look. This picture by Crissy Jarvis made me pause. It's a showstopper.

The photo did its job. I wanted to take a closer look. And the closer look didn't disappoint.



I'm a sucker for a picot edge.


And upon further inspection of the pattern, I see that it's worked top down and the edging gets added as you go along. I like that too. 

At the end of the day, I call this a stunner. It's made from our Shepherd Sport, so it's substantial, but not bulky. That also means that it's going to knit up pretty darn quickly. Maybe not in time for Christmas quickly, but if you are so inclined, this could certainly be your New Year's Eve wrap. 

Brava Allison LoCicero! Beautiful work! 



No comments: