Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Fouth of July!

I know it's only July 3rd, but the big fireworks display here in Chicago is tonight so I've gotten used to thinking of today as the holiday. People get up at the crack of dawn to get downtown and stake out their claim to good seats on the lawn in Grant Park.

It's all part of a 10 day festival called Taste of Chicago. Sixty five restaurants set up booths and sell "taste sized" samplings from their menus. In theory, this is a great idea. The reality of it isn't quite as pretty. Think turkey drumsticks, beer bellies and no shirts.....See what I mean?

My brother and his lovely wife have been visiting this week. Last night they treated us to Cirque du Soleil's Kooza. It was amazing! I can't get over what the performers could do with their bodies. The flexibility, strength and creativity were all out of this world.

It made me wonder how a person would get into that line of work. Do they come from acting backgrounds? Or perhaps gymnastics? Maybe more of a circus/carnival thing? I dunno. I guess if I was going to run away and join the circus, that would be the one I'd be heading for.

I keep talking about wanting to take a trapeeze class. There are several of them around town and I've thinking about it for a couple of years. Maybe the trip to Cirque will be a swift enough kick in the @ss to get me going.

I'll leave you for the holiday weekend with this darling little star the Emily created for her beau using our Shepherd Bulky in Sunshine. Cute, isn't it?

No comments: