Friday, September 19, 2008

Knit with Courage, Live with Hope

When I first bought Lorna's Laces, I was lucky enough to find a handful of people in the yarn biz who "got" me. Who understand me just as I am. People that I don't need to edit myself around or put up a false front for. Annie Modesitt is one of those people.

Over the past eighteen months or so her family has embarked on an incredible journey that started when her husband, Gerry, was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. It was devastating news and she has chronicled that first year in Knit with Courage, Live with Hope

Annie gave me an advance copy at TNNA in June. I devoured it in two sittings. I am humbled by the grace and honesty she exhibits as we join her and her family on their odyssey.

I am quite sure I couldn't have done it. I find it far too difficult to write while I am balled up in a corner with my fist in my mouth. The rocking back and forth doesn't help either.

Brava Annie. Brava.

No comments: