I finally finished my OpArt blanket on the road to TNNA. I think it turned out pretty well.
I know I talk incessantly about how I like a simple project, but even for me, this was too much garter stitch. Maybe I'll have to take Miriam or Aiden up their offer to tutor me on lace. Then I can challenge Franklin to see who can finish Sharon Miller's Princess Shawl first.
This is knit from our Shepherd Worsted in 6ns Douglas Fir and Courage. The picture on the top is before blocking, the one on the bottom is after blocking.
I made the smaller of the two sizes, but since I substituted a worsted for the dk called for in the pattern, it ended up being closer to the larger size. That's OK by me since the baby will live in Jackson, WY and the winters up there can be long and cold.
I'll get it on its way to the new parents next week. I hope they like it. Even more, I hope the babe likes it. My dream would be for it ending up being the the child's Linus blanket. It's probably to big for that, but I can always dream.
The crate from market just showed up. I'll have pictures of new colors and such next week.