Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kniteratti

We got back from TNNA very late Monday night. Yesterday was a blur. I have so much to share about the show! Certainly too much to do in one post, so I'll parse it out over the course of the next few days or a week.

I want to show you the new colors and some of the other things we're doing, but I don't want to end up sounding like a big advertisement either. I'll do my best to balance things.

Since the crate hasn't arrived back from the show yet and I wasn't smart enough to take pictures of a bunch of the stuff I'd like to show you while I was there, today will be a "people" post rather than a "stuff" post.

We rounded up a bunch of folks over the weekend and took pictures of them next to the billboard.

First up is a big ol' group shot. From left to right...Miriam Felton of MimKnits, designer Mercedes Tasovich-Clark, Kristen Rengren of Vintage Baby Knits, Mary Heather, Jess and Casey from Ravelry and Ysolda.















Of course you all know Clara Parkes of Clara's Garden fame. Oh, and that little something called Knitter's Review.














This is Chrissy Gardiner of Gardiner Yarnworks and Lorna Miser, the founder of Lorna's Laces.














Next up is Marcy Smith from Interweave Crochet. Did you see that shawl in my last post? Yeah, I thought you did.














Here I am with Amy Singer of knitty.com. She was at market with Jillian Moreno but I wasn't able to get them outside at the same time. Jillian is the nicest person ever. She waited in line for me at Jeni's Ice Cream and delivered to me in the booth. Big kisses for Jillian.














This is Kristi Porter of Knitting in the Sun fame. Me again too. This one is a little blurry. You have to stand in the middle of High Street to take the pictures, so some of them aren't perfect. You have to be quick and dodge traffic.













Say 'hi' to Robyn Chachula and Amy O'Neill-Houck.














Jackie Katzenstein owns a shop called Wild and Woolly Studio in Lexington, MA.














Here's Mary Beth Temple from Hooked for Life. Lots of crochet in this little gallery, isn't there?















Last, but certainly not least, Cecil and Ron from Buffalo Gold. These two are dangerous. In a good way.















It's kind of funny, when we pulled up and I saw the billboard for the first time it made me cry. We advertise lots of places, in magazines and online etc, but for some reason this just hit me. Kinda silly, I know.

We had such a good time with it. I can't tell you how many people came up and asked us about it. It was a nice way to make new friends. I wish we would have gotten more pictures. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I stopped by the booth to say 'hello' but you were busy doing business, so I didn't interrupt. A great sign to be sure.

grumperina said...

This is an absolutely amazing collection of photographs! Designers I know, designers I've worked with, designers wearing stuff I knit (Chrissy Gardiner!), the owner of a LYS near me! Thanks for sharing!