Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mayville Sweater

Summer Knitscene 2011 is up! As usual, they've done a stellar job.





*ETA The choice of the color in the Tale of Two Yarns post was completely serendipitous to this post. But it's fun to see how the color knits up, isn't it?












I'm really loving the Mayville Cardigan by Sarah Fama, Rav name Caryatid. I'm always drawn to a v-neck and I love knitting this kind of texture. This will be a nice lightweight sweater to have around on cool evenings or over air-conditioned offices. I can see myself tossing it in my bag on my way out the door to a concert at Millennium Park.

It's made from our Shepherd Sport and shown here in 310 Catalpa. It's a fresh color, a little sassy, but not too bright. I think it was my favorite of the bunch when we brought it out.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Where is your website link - would love to see what new yarns you have. Jumped over from FB.

Stefanie said...

Lovin' that yarn! I wish you could print a lil' backstory for each colorway name.