Thursday, October 6, 2011

Holiday Knit Simple

Oh my, I just got my issue of Knit Simple Holiday. We're talking about Holiday already?! My brain is still firmly stuck somewhere in the middle of July.



This darling raglan jacket by Amy Polcyn is worked from the top down and is sized up to a 56" bust! It is knit in Lorna's Laces' Shepherd Worsted in 701 Purple Club.

Did you know that purple is Lorna Miser's favorite color? She wears it every single day. She created this color one afternoon when her kids got off the school bus and wanted something to do. She was busy trying to finish up some work and needed something to distract them. She started calling them the "Purple Club" and it stuck!

4 comments:

Carla said...

Purple is my favorite color, too. I've used lots of your colorways with purple in them, but not this one. . . YET! I'll have to pick up a copy of the mag. This looks fab in that colorway!

Michelle-Nicholle said...

I love that colorway. Purple is my favorite color also and I absolutely love Lorna's Laces!

CrochetBlogger said...

I have a wonderful purple skein of Lorna's Laces that I haven't worked into anything yet. It's a great color!

Scott Romero said...

This was great tto read