Friday, October 28, 2011

Interweave Crochet Accessories

Hot off of the interwebs, Interweave Crochet Accessories goes live today. It features a new pattern by the lovely Linda Permann, author of Little Crochet.




This shawl is called Jeanne Lois Bandit and is shown here in 608 Ashburn. Ashburn has turned into one of my all time favorite colorways. I have a Rock Island in it too and it makes lovely lace.

Here's what Linda had to say about it.

The Jeannie Lois Bandit was born out of my wish to design a shawl pattern that was simple to work but still elegant and fun to wear--something that wouldn't intimidate crocheters who are new to lace weight yarn. Working with Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace was a pleasure--this yarn is soft and floaty--like all good shawl yarn should be. It really came to life after blocking. I'd like to crochet another one in a tonal solid to really show off the diamond lace edging, and since the pattern is easy to memorize, I just might! The best part of this shawl is that it takes less than 500 yards of lace weight yarn as written, so one skein of Helen's lace is enough to hook up two--one to gift, and one to keep!

One for you and one for a friend. I couldn't have said it better myself!

**Edited to add a couple more photos. The original was cute but the yarn bombing kinda took focus away from them main attraction!



No comments: