Thursday, February 16, 2012

Two in One Day!!

Hi everyone! Amanda here. You may know me from Ravelry, Twitter, or maybe from here. Occasionally I like to steal the blog and away from Beth. Today I just couldn't help myself so bear with me. ;-)

I think we can all remember back to when we were little kids and all the fun things we wanted to be when we grew up. Some of us wanted to be firemen or cowgirls or doctors or lawyers. I was a little different. See I was raised by a cosmetologist in a house with a subscription to Vogue. There are only two things I thought about being when I grew up. First was the practical, a hair dresser, and second was the dream...the unattainable...I wanted to work in fashion! Specifically I wanted to be a buyer for Macy's or Bloomingdale's. I had dreams of fashion week and world travel.

Now we are all grown and find that few of us were brave enough to be firemen or geographically capable of being cowgirls. A lot of us never found the determination and skill to be a doctor or a lawyer. I may not have ended up as a buyer sitting front row in Paris but I did reach my dream...I get to work in fashion! It may not be what I thought it would be through the eyes of a child flipping through the September issue on the living-room floor but it is fashion all the same. I consider myself immensely lucky. I get to create color, help set trends and work along side amazingly talented designers as they make stunning garments using our yarns.

Yesterday I had one of those moments where I truly see how lucky I am. Two absolutely gorgeous sweaters were release by two incredible designers. Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark and Amy Christoffers. I thought you might all like to have a peek!

First up is Campbell & 2nd. This lovely summery top was designed in Solemate to show off one of the brand new colors Campbell. (keep an eye on the blog for a post on all the new colors) I just love the asymmetry of the lace motif, girly and a bit tough at the same time. Mercedes has a great eye for color and shape. I am sure you will love this sweater.























Next is Pomme de pin Cardigan. I am a complete sucker for a cardigan and I think the same can be said for Amy. Anyone who knows me will tell you that my official uniform is boots, dark jeans, a tank top and a cardigan. This cardigan looks exceptionally cozy. Knit in Shepherd Sport in the popular color Patina is versatile for a lot of temperatures and light enough to be wearable without adding too much bulk. A win win if you ask me.
















Anyway...I hope you all enjoyed (or were at least mildly entertained by) my tangent.

xo

No comments: