Friday, December 14, 2007

I flew to Virginia Beach on Sunday to visit my mother. My original non-stop flight got canceled by the airline. I ended up going through Dulles and both of my new my flights were delayed. So instead of arriving in time for lunch, I barely made it in time for dinner. Then, my luggage decided that it wanted to spend the night in Washington DC.

I started to get upset but decided that since there wasn't anything I could about it, I might as well just roll with the punches. It is winter after all, and traveling this time of year comes with risks. The luggage arrived safe and sound in the morning.

Traveling in the winter also has it upsides. I rented a convertible for the same price as an economy car. I knew I was taking a chance when I booked it, but it paid off when it was 75 degrees and sunny during my visit!

I'm a sucker for a convertible. My very first car was a 1965 MGB. It was so much fun! Can anything beat having the top down on a beautiful summer day? I guess doing the same thing in the middle of the winter, huh? Especially when so much of the country was getting socked by an ice storm.

My sister and I took a nice long walk on the beach on Monday night. I rolled up my pants and played in the surf. We had a chance to talk about some pretty serious things. We visit on the phone all the time, but somehow it's different when you get a chance to do it in person.

When I got back to work on Wednesday, things were a bit crazy. It turns out that some kind of bug had come through in my absence and had it's way with the Lorna's Laces crew. Poor Sam has missed four days of work. Becca and Stef have both missed two. At least we're getting it over with before Christmas. It stinks to be sick during the holidays.

But, it has put a wrench in works as far as getting yarn dyed and out the door. I worked last Saturday and it looks like this weekend will be more of the same. Not that I'm complaining. I kinda like coming in on the weekends. It's nice and quiet. Peaceful almost.

1 comment:

ames said...

this must be why amanda said she was dying yarn last week. hope everyone is feeling better soon! =]