Monday, March 17, 2008

A Presentation

Next week, Yarn Market News is having a conference here in Chicago. If you aren't in the yarn biz, YMN might not be a publication you're familiar with. It's geared to the trade and has articles related to running a yarn-based business like a LYS or Lorna's Laces. It's beautifully produced and one of the few magazines I read cover to cover every single issue.

The conference looks like it's going to be great! Tons of fantastic information and networking. They've asked me to give a short presentation during one of the sessions. I'm always more than a little surprised when I am asked to do something like this. Even after five years, I never feel like I'm really qualified. I'm always thinking that someone is going to lift the curtain and find out I'm an impostor.

As part of the conference, there is going to be a "Yarn Shop Crawl". We're the first stop on the agenda. I'm really excited about it. I just love showing off the studio. Part of it is because I am so stinkin' proud of what we do around here and part of it is because I like educating people about what hand dyeing is all about. Alot goes into making a skein of Lorna's Laces.

On a completely different topic, I just found out a friend of mine had two small heart attacks over the weekend. The angiogram showed that one of his arteries was 95%blocked! I'm relieved that an angioplasty and stent will have him right as rain but it's always disturbing to get that kind of news.

I'm quite certain that Mark doesn't read this blog or even know it exists, but let's all send good thoughts his way anyhow.

No comments: