Friday, March 25, 2011

Royal Wedding

With the fiber world abuzz about Fiona Goble's Knit Your Own Royal Wedding and the rest of the world abuzz about Catherine and William's big day, we just couldn't resist the idea of creating a colorway to celebrate with them.

We talked for a long time about which way to go with it. Traditional wedding whites, creams, golds? Or do we riff off that incredible sapphire? We decided to go with the latter. We even gave the yarn a little tiara and a pair of earrings.
















We wanted to get it out in the world in plenty of time for you to have it in hand while you watch the ceremony. I'm not quite sure what the perfect Royal Wedding project is though. Any ideas?

**ETA I jumped the gun on this post. The colorway won't be available until April 1. Sorry....

5 comments:

TripletMom said...

A beautiful elegant shawl! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colorway!

Lorna's Laces said...

@tripletmom Stay tuned, we may have just the thing for you in a few days. ;0

International Knitter of Mystery said...

Awesome color! I have a sapphire engagement ring myself (rather smaller than the royal one!) and I love these rich blues!

Anonymous said...

Maybe elbow length fingerless mitts in a lacy pattern to show off a wonderful ring? Any suggestions for lacy fingerless mitts? And of course I will have to knit another cap and socks for the new man in my life - my 3 week old grandson! Our Little Prince - or as my daughter calls him The Little Lion King :-)

Susan aka reddirt said...

Oh rats! I just heard about this today and it's all gone! Beautiful colors!!