Friday, November 20, 2015

Hi! Remember Me?

Yeah, I know. I haven't blogged in months. I'm not sure why. It's not for lack of stuff going on around here to tell you about. It's been super busy and we've been having a ton of fun. I think maybe it's as simple as getting out of the habit. Then so much time had gone by that it felt like I had to have some momentous news to share. Then more time went by and I started feeling guilty. Silly, right?

Then a couple of weeks ago, Mason-Dixon Knitting got their blog back on after a hiatus. And Mercedes Tarasovich  started her newsletter back up. I was delighted to hear from them again. I have to imagine that people would be happy to hear from me again too. So, here we are. 

I'm not going to promise you X posts a week or a month. But I'm going to get back in the groove. 

There have been a couple of changes in the crew around here since we last chatted. Let me introduce you to Grace. She's been with us since last Spring and has turned into an ace dyer.


Girl is busy too. When she's not making pretty string with us she's working on her master's degree in Aquatic Biology. And if that's not enough, she teaches classes at Windy Knitty. I know, right? It makes me tired just thinking about all she's got going on.

Grace has Timber Bay by Melissa Schaschwary on her needles right now. I can't tell you about the color quite yet, so it's in grey scale here.


Dang, that's kinda boring, isn't it? Oh well. Click on over to the pattern, it's pretty cool. And be patient with us on the colors. We're working on it.



3 comments:

Ann said...

Yaaay! Glad you're back. It is definitely a strange feeling to NOT blog. After finally realizing that I was not going to ever announce my Nobel peace prize on the blog, I figured I could just write about knitting. Or something!

KellyBrown said...

OMG, Grace is super cool! I met her the last time I popped into Windy Knitty and LURVED her! What a great addition to your team too :) Yay for Ravenswood/Andersonville gals!

woolwoman said...

Nice to see a post from you. I think lots of people are abandoning blogging for FB and other social media. I don't think there's any substitute for blogging but I have slowed down too. For me - it's still about the "journaling" - I'm a 10 year blogger now and for me to be able to go back 10 years and look at what was happening in my life at the time is somewhat rewarding if not sometimes scary. Hope you and yours have a happy Thanksgiving. Come back again soon - Mel