Monday, March 2, 2009

In Like a Lion

March has certainly come in like a Lion. It's been blustery and cold and we got snow yesterday. It'll be in the low teens overnight to boot.

I know I choose to live in Chicago and all, but it sure is easy to become weary of winter this time of year. I have high hopes that the the daylight savings time change this weekend will help brighten my spirits.

It doesn't help that my darling husband was kind enough to pass along the monster cold he's been suffering with. I had to call in sick on Friday because my head was so full of sn@t that I didn't think it would fit through the door. I probably could have forced my way in through the loading dock, but I still couldn't have gotten into the studio. It's a little better today, but I'm no where near feeling good. Dang.

One bright spot this morning was seeing Sam in her new sweater. It's from Debbie Bliss's fall book. She couldn't remember the pattern. She wanted to make sure it was ready in time for the South Side Irish Parade. And she will be doing the jig in fine style.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute sweater! Perfect for St. Patrick's day!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous sweater. Even better: A lovely fit. I hope that Sam gets to wear this gem of a design Often.