Thursday, March 12, 2009

Motif of the Week

A couple of weeks ago our Emily started posting a new feature on her blog called "Motif of the Week". These are wonderful little colorwork motifs that she's designed and charted and she's making them available to anyone just for the taking.

The first one was this cute little penguin.
















Next up was this this cow skull graphic. It's not too late to make a little something for SXSW is it?

























This week's entry made me laugh out loud.

























I'm not sure why the carrot amused me so much. But the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. Vegetable motifs would make awfully cute dishrags. Just sayin'.

Emilyt has all the charts on her blog, so you can download them and make them for yourself. She's also happy to take suggestions. Anything you'd like to see?

The possibilities for these little guys are endless!

1 comment:

OSA said...

Oh oh, how about a butterfly? I am scared about colour knitting but I know I can't resist a butterfly!!