Wednesday, October 26, 2016

KAL with Franklin Habit and Tin Can Knits!

Let's all close our eyes for a minute and fast forward past the holiday wonder and madness and imagine that we finished all of our projects with plenty of time left over to enjoy an extra glass of eggnog. Yeah, I know it's magical thinking, but this is my story and that's how I want it to go.

That post holiday lull is probably my favorite time of the year when it comes to projects. No pressure, just fun. It can be anything I want it to be. I have time to join in a KAL if I want and maybe have a little fun with my yarn peeps.

We were talking the other day about how we might want a KAL to look and decided that Franklin Habit would make a wonderful master of ceremonies. As luck would have it, he was available! Rumor on the street tells me that Ms. Dolores Van Hoofen will be joining in as well! Did I hear a squee?!

The next question was what do we want to work on? We all agreed that a blanket would be ideal. We liked the idea of working on something cozy. Plus, Tin Can Knits had just released their new book, Colour Madness and the Marley Blanket had struck all of us as SO DARN CUTE.



See, I told you!

It's pretty simple with lots of garter stitch and a tiny bit of lace to keep things interesting. Oh, and it shows off color like it's nobody's business.

The pattern is written for three weights of yarn. Our Cloudgate is perfect for the Bulky and Shepherd Worsted is great for the Aran.

We've created 5 special color packs for you to choose from They will be available in both yarns.

Pedro



Ernie



Cam



Samwise

 


And last but not least Rosamund 


The blanket comes in four sizes. Here's how many packs you'll need for each size.

Cloudgate SM=1, MED=2 LG=3 XL=4

Shepherd Worsted SM/MED=1, LG=2 XL=3

We'll be running the KAL on the Lorna's Laces Ravelry page starting on January 1. There will be FB Live posts and other fun as we knit 

Tin Cat Knits, Mrs. Crosby and of course Lorna's Laces will be providing prizes along the way. 
Reach out to your LYS for your yarn. A few have even reached out to us for special color packs. 

This is gonna be fun! Whose in? 


17 comments:

woolwoman said...

awesome timing for post holiday letdown! I'm in

thanks Mel

newbe to KALS said...

Beautiful blanket. I'd love to try it!!

Kay said...

I'm in! Just bought the pattern.

Unknown said...

Me me

Unknown said...

I live in the mountains in the middle of nowhere with no LYS. Will we be able to order from you?

Selena said...

I'm in! I just bought the pattern and ordered yarn!

duckgirlterri said...

Just talked to the elves at the Loopy Ewe. They are taking special orders for KAL now. Just need to call them.

Anonymous said...

Shared the KAL details with the knitters at Dee's Nimble Needles in Walpole and we're going to join the fun! Dee is ordering kits for us. Watching for the KAL group on Ravelry.

Kathryn Vercillo said...

Gorgeous Blanket. Love the colors!

Unknown said...

I'm in. Rosamund for me!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm in Pedro please

Horse 'n' Round said...

Oooo! Might need to splurge and do this. Now to decide between Cam and Samwise.

rozemie said...

are these packs also available in Europe ? I live in Belgium. i love the rosamund colours.

roxie said...

Can I knit along but knit from my stash? This looks like a great way to use up the odds and bobs, and Christmas leaves me SO BROKE.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Bean's Wool's web site or yarn.com.

PleaseLouise said...

I am in! Pattern? Check. Yarn? Check. Time? Uh oh....gonna have to figure that one out!