Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Bristol Ivy reintroduces Color Commentary

We hope you are all having a fabulous holiday season!

Do you remember Color Commentary? It was a program we did a few years back giving us the opportunity to partner with prominent designers to create their own. Then they designed a pattern using that color and we sent it out into the world. It was a lot of fun for us. We had an opportunity to look at color through the eyes of someone else's talent. Pretty cool if you ask me! 

A while back Bristol Ivy was visiting our studio and we thought it the perfect opportunity to relaunch Color Commentary. We chatted a bit with Bristol about her vision for the perfect color. Here is what she had to say...

One color palette that has always fascinated me is patinas and rust.  I never love metals when they’re shiny and new; rather, I prefer them a few years (or decades) down the road, when they’ve lived a little bit and developed depth and complexity—sometimes in tones startlingly different than the metal itself.  My favorite of these is the patina that develops on copper.  Ranging from deep emerald to vivid jade to soft cedar, there is no iteration of it that I don’t love.  When Lorna’s Laces contacted me about creating a custom color, I knew immediately that I wanted to play with the possibilities of copper patina.  In Bristol’s Copper, the vivid jade takes center stage, and flashes of deep emerald and true copper peek through unexpectedly.  The colors all blend and meld harmoniously, and I couldn’t be happier with the results!
When it came to designing a pattern for Bristol’s Copper, I wanted a sweater that was truly me.  In addition, I wanted to choose a construction and stitch patterns that blended the colors of the yarn even further: brioche, slip stitch texture, right and left twists, and sideways knitting.  Finally, I wanted to take advantage of the drape of the yarn, while adding some structure to keep it polished.  Buckley was the result: a little preppy, a little vintage, a little modern, and all me.  I hope you love it, too!
We loved the idea, Bristol set color to dye and magic happened if I do say so myself. 
  
The pattern, dubbed Buckley, is available now and her color has started making its way to shops. The design is knit is Sportmate with a huge array of sizes from 37 1/4 - 65" using 5 - 8 skeins of Sportmate this sweater will be a great fit for most anyone. If you are in love and need help finding the pattern or the yarn just let us know and we will point you in the right direction.

P.S. Stayed tuned next year for more Color Commentary from some amazingly talented folks! 

11 comments:

Melinda said...

Please! Please point me int the direction of 8 skeins of this delicious colorway!

Thank you!

Moirat said...

Gorgeous colorway. Where/when can I get it in the US?

Unknown said...

Me, too. Where can I get this yarn or preorder it? Gorgeous!

Teresa said...

Another 'Where can I get this' comment...???

amanda said...

The color is shipping to shops as we speak. So Far it is heading to Hook-a-Frog in Alabama, The Tinsmith's Wife in Texas, Green Planet in California, Webs, and Jimmy Beans Wool.

Terri Rosenthal of Carasan Designs said...

Beautiful colors..

Clipping Path said...

i really love all you helpful hints! I enjoy reading your posts… Thanks so much for sharing :)

Thelearningapp said...

Thanks guys your websites which is amazing and good content and I would like to write more websites about this article.If you are a user of this app or gogoanime website, you need not find elsewhere for anime because this site has it all in one place.gogo anime

Sohbet said...

Cinsel Sohbet Sohbet ve chat yapmanızı kolay ve güvenli hale getiren sohbet odaları, sorunsuz ve kesintisiz mobil sohbet siteleri ile arkadaşlık ve yeni kişilerle tanışma imkanı.

Gabile Sohbet android uyumlu dokunmatik ekran akıllı cep telefonları, tablet, ipad, iphone gibi Mobil cihazlarla tek bir tıkla Mobil Sohbet’e katılabilırsıniz.

james said...

The design is knit is Sport mate with a huge array of sizes this sweater will be a great fit for most anyone. Now its time to avail power only dispatch servicesfor more details.

Slade Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.