Friday, July 16, 2010

Lucky Us!

We have not one, but two projects in the fall issue of Interweave Knits! They are both by a wonderful designer out of Colorado, Judy Alexander from theknitter.com.

This first one are Bavarian Tulip Mittens made from our Shepherd Worsted in 54ns Firefly.



















The second are these beautiful Alpen Socken. There is a great detail where the cabling goes down the side of the heel. You'll need to click on the picture to enlarge it so you can see it. Small details like that are what make me choose one project over another. I don't care if no one will ever see it because it will be inside of my shoes.


















I'm kind of a sucker for cables. They were the first "fancy" thing I learned how to do once I got past knitting and purling. My second project ever was a navy blue cabled turtleneck. I finally had to get rid of it a couple of years ago. I'd worn it so much it wasn't even fit for Good Will.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Congrats! Awesome your yarn was used by these designers and all.

Anonymous said...

Ah, wish I could learn to do cables! The only "fancy" thing I know is Kitchener. I saw your tweet about how to remember to do Kitchener and wrote a 2-verse haiku on Kitchener and tweeted it. My sister, @knittingpuppy, sent it to your Twitter account, but it lost its haiku-ness in the sending. I'm @ellnhank on Twitter.

shane said...

Those mittens look nice.I am sure they are also warm like leather gloves. Make another with different color.