Friday, October 5, 2007

It's HOT

A couple of posts ago I told you about how much I love the fall and apple picking and pumpkins and all the rest. I decided to have a dinner party Saturday night to celebrate the fall bounty. Those pumpkin ravioli and apple tarts were calling out to me.

So, in case you were wondering, that's why it's in the mid 80's today and forecast to be even hotter over the weekend. Phew! I think I need to rethink that menu. It seems to heavy. Too bad the tomatoes and basil are all gone.


On the bright side...the gardens and parks are still looking beautiful.
We'll be able to sit outside and enjoy a drink before dinner. Winter will be here all too soon and we'll be parked inside for the duration. This is Chicago after all.



We were up pretty late last night getting organized for our little shindig. Somehow the guest list grew to eleven. I know I was the one that invited them, but really, eleven? I'm going to have to go home and count the forks. I suppose I could ask one or two guests to eat with their fingers. Or, I could hand out knitting needles and call them chopsticks.

No comments: