Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Fond Farewell

With a very heavy heart, I wrote Becca's last paycheck today. She'd been with Lorna's Laces since the fall of 2004. She is already sorely missed.

Becca has been working on her masters degree for the past couple of years. She's doing her work in gerontology and has another semester of classes and then her thesis to go. She decided to leave Lorna's Laces because she wanted to have some experience in her field under her belt before she finished with school.

Before she left, she designed a colorway for Jimmy Beans Wool's series of limited edition colors. It will be available starting May 1. She sent a short message to go along with it.

Leaving Lorna's Laces is bittersweet for me. It is hard to leave an environment that has become like a home to me. With the good friends, the bright colors, the dance parties and lots of memories it is hard to believe that leaving is the best option. But, sometimes you have to jump into change with both feet and trust that you will land safely. So, thank you to Beth and everyone else at Lorna's for nurturing me (and putting up with me) for the past three and a half years. I hope that you all like the color that I created, and I hope that it encourages you to jump into change with both feet.
Lots of love,
Becca


I am honored to have worked with her for as long as I did. Good luck Becca!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! We looooovve the color that Becca designed - can't wait to share it with everyone.
Thanks Beth (and Becca!)
-Jimmy

Mag said...

Good luck Becca and thanks for all the yarn!