Tuesday, August 18, 2009

AFK

As my husband and his gaming friends would like to say, I've pretty much been AFK (Away From Keyboard) since I returned from Sock Summit. The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind.

Sock Summit. What a great time! For the most part, my pictures stink. I will take solace in the fact that there has been so much written about it that y'all should be able to find good photos galore elsewhere.

I think the thing I liked best about SS was getting to talk to so many knitters. I don't get a chance to do that as often as I'd like. Since, Lorna's Laces is a wholesaler, I mostly end up talking to LYS owners. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but every once in awhile it's good to talk to the folks that are knitting with our yarn. I was humbled by all the nice things you had to say. Thank you.

I was also humbled by the talent there. And not just the big names. Sure, being around the likes of Barbara Walker and Meg Swanson is exhilarating, but I was equally impressed with by the parade of gorgeousness that walked by on the feet and needles of the attendees. It is remarkable what people do with sticks and string. Just remarkable.















I know these aren't socks, but somehow this picture sums it up for me. Just after Kathleen got hurt, she found herself sitting on the couch, bored. So she just whipped up a pair of crutch cozies! It would have never occurred to me. So creative on so many different levels. That's what it was all about.

It was a pleasure being there and in some small way being a part of Sock Summit. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

No comments: