Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sportmate It Is!

Thanks to everyone who took part in our little game to name our new yarn.

In an overwhelming landslide, Solemate's new sibling will be called Sportmate. We thought it was pretty clever and so did everyone else. Of the three choices, it got over 55% of the vote!

I have to say that I might like this yarn even better than the sock weight. It's really squishy and bouncy and just begs for a squeeze. Our winner, Rudi, will be getting a sweater's worth!

I'm going to be casting on the Rule of Three Shawl from Interweave Knit's Accessories in it tonight.














The pattern calls for a fingering weight yarn so Solemate would work but I want fuller and lusher so I'm going to bump it up to Sportmate. Since it's a shawl, it'll still fit.

I'm not going to be able to show it to you for awhile. I'm using one of our new colors and we're keeping them under wraps until January.

2 comments:

Allison Mosley said...

That is breathtaking!

teabird said...

Beautiful! I love the color!