Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Winter Interweave Crochet

My mother says that December 26th has always been her favorite day of the year. I can understand that. She's a worrier by nature and making sure six kids were happy with their Christmas experience is no small feat so she was glad when it was behind her for another year.

I thought of her when I found out that the new issue of Interweave Crochet will be hitting newsstands on December 29th. Perfect timing for us all to get back to our "me" projects. The holiday gifts will be a thing of the past so we can take a deep breath and make something for ourselves. We deserve it.

This issue has two project that use Lorna's Laces yarn. The first is The Aslan Shrug by Brenda K. B. Anderson. Depending on the size, it's just 2 or 3 skeins of Shepherd Bulky.






















Lorna Miser designed the colorway Aslan way back in 1996. She named it after her cat by way of c.s. lewis. Aslan is a central character in a series of books known as The Chronicles of Narnia.

The other project is Patsy Harbor's Red Twig Knee Socks. These are crocheted using Shepherd Sock in Butterscotch and Cranberry.

















I haven't had a chance to look terribly closely at the magazine but there are several pairs of socks that are really lovely. I'm intrigued by the crocheted socks. Fun stuff.

The last thing I'm going to call out is a sweater by and old friend, Judith Swartz. Judy was the first editor of Interweave Crochet. Back in the day, she worked at my LYS too. It's not in our yarn but it's still darn cute.

No comments: