Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A couple of FO's

There were a couple of things finished at lunch today. Here are Sam's Entomology Mittens from Knitalong. The background color is Firefly and the fanciness is Tickled Pink. I always like the idea of using a multicolor in Fairisle knitting. It makes it look like your working harder than you actually are.



Here is the backside.













And here is Stef's Celtic tote from Interweave's Winter '07 issue. She just put the button on.













I especially like how the knots are outlined in black. It gives really makes them pop. I'm also a fan of the lightly felted project. I think it's the additional layer of texture it adds to the work.

2 comments:

kaykatrn said...

Oh, my! The knot on the Celtic Tote took me back to the years my daughter spent Irish dancing! Her school costume was decorated with knots and a claddagh stitched like that in burgundy, green and gold. It was a work of art, and the knots were so fun to stitch!

The mittens are beautiful. They really do inspire--someday I will learn to do colorwork!

Sel and Poivre said...

I've just started the Celtic Tote - in grey - with black stitching - I just have to get a pullover out of the way so I can devote real time to the bag but after seeing yours here I don't know if I can wait!