Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Am Thankful

Even though we are living in trying times, I feel very thankful today. Maybe even more thankful than most years because the craziness in the world has prompted me to take a long hard look around me and I realize things in my little corner of it are good. Not perfect, but awfully good.

So, in no particular order, here is a list of things I am thankful for.

1) My mother. She will be 91 in just over a month's time. 'Nuf said.
2) Lorna's Laces. Because I get to make pretty yarn every day.
3) Yarnies. Who make Lorna's Laces possible.
4) The people at Lorna's Laces. The best crew we've ever had.
5) Good friends. Two of which have invited us into their home today.
6) My husband. The center of my universe.
7) Pearl. The wonder dog.
8) My family. Always.
9) Home. Where I'm warm and safe.
10) That I don't work retail. I'm looking forward to a nice long weekend.

I asked the crew here what they are feeling thankful for. Here's are some answers.

Caitlin is thankful for heat. Apparently, home has been safe but not warm for her lately. Her furnance has been broken for almost a week and is back on now. I can sympathize because one of the heaters here is on the fritz and I'm tired of being cold.

Kylie said she's thankful for her job. That was seconded all around.

Amanda is thankful for her own apartment. She settled into living without a roomie over the past couple of months and is reveling in it.

Emily is thankful that the holidays only come once a year. I have to agree. While fun, managing all the commitments can be a delicate balancing act and I'm glad we don't have to do it all year long.

Stef is thankful that she's far enough along on her holiday knitting that she is confident that she'll get it all finished in plenty of time.

Sam wasn't in the day we had this conversation. She's a newlywed, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's thankful for something that has to do with her husband. Not to get personal or anything.

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

No comments: