Tuesday, August 21, 2007

WIPs

So I guess a blog from a yarn company ought to at least have few pics of yarn, huh? Or works in progess. Or recently finished projects. Something that has to do with yarn.

Ladies and gentlemen, for your listening pleasure:

This is the Slipped Rib sock I mentioned in an earlier post. I've been working on it for far too long. It made from our Shepherd Sock yarn in #304 Black Watch. One of these days I'll actually commit Kitchner Stitch to memory so I don't have to look it up every.single.time I finish a sock. Then again, pigs may fly.



Here's Sam's Harry Potter Scarf. It's made from Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in 45ns Cranberry and #8ns Harvest. It's simply double knit. Cute, yes?



More socks! Stefanie is a bit of an addict. Here is a pair she's adapted from a vintage sock she found in a thrift shop. Girl has talent to go along with that addiction!



Last thing today is from Amanda. This is a lace beauty she's working on using a design that her friend Lisa Sisk from This is Knit in Dublin, Ireland dreamt up.

3 comments:

Marnie said...

Wow, that's a lot of WIPs. I see you are partial to straight needles, huh?


Out of curiosity, do you think you'll be posting some information about the Shepherd Wooltop? I'd love to know more about it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marnie,

You're right, everything was on straights yesterday. I think that was probably just happenstance.

I can't speak for the others, but I do most of my knitting on straights. Socks for sure. I've tried the circ thing and while I understand it's appeal, it's just not for me.

Thanks for asking about the wooltop! I'll put together a post right quick. And if anyone else has suggestions, I'm all ears!!

Maureen said...

Beautiful WIPs, but what were they all photographed on? The mauve backdrop looks like a lovely piece of work itself.

I'm currently working on a pair of socks in your flamingo colourway so that my daughter can wear them on an upcoming "Run for the Cure" run. Will have to post pictures once they're finished. Love working with your yarn!